The project is had a number of results that positively affected the environment of the Axios-Vardar River and subsequently the environment of an important geographical part of the Cross-Border Area.
The project Aqua-M II:
- strengthened the cooperation and networking on local and cross-border level between stakeholders in the Cross – Border area for the protection of the environment and aquatic resources,
- facilitated the exchange of know-how and practical experience for the protection of Axios-Vardar River
- set an example for future similar environmental Projects and cooperation
- improved the infrastructures and enhanced capacity of local stakeholders for the effective and continuous monitoring and management of water resources and crisis management
- raised awareness, provided effective information and enhanced participation of citizens in environmental actions.
- protected the biodiversity of the ecosystem as it improved water quality which lead to better habitat for all aquatic species
- trained 100 staff members and citizens of the partners
Added value is also significant, taking into consideration that AQUA-M II is a long term effect project which improved and will improve quality of life through the systemic improvement of the water resources in the cross border area